When it comes to food, we like to stay in our comfort zone, but when it comes to continental dishes, it’s fine we give it a try, as we share our experience with you today on TVC YourView Show.
Join the cook, Bisi Akinola as she takes us though the kitchen.
- 2 cups long grain white rice, such as Basmati
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3-4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- freshly ground black pepper according to taste
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, preferably tamari (reduced sodium is fine)
1. Place the rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear. Put the rice and water in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. In large non-stick chef’s pan or wok, warm the canola and sesame oils over medium high heat.
Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Stir-fry for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until the onions are softened and transparent, and the carrots begin to turn tender.
3. Add the peas. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the peas are thawed and warmed through.
4. Push the veggies to one side of chef’s pan. Pour the beaten eggs into the empty side of the chef’s pan.
5. When the eggs are just cooked, mix the eggs and vegetables together in the pan. Season with pepper, then stir in the soy sauce.
6. Add the rice to the vegetables and eggs. Stir-fry together until the dish is well-mixed and heated through.
7. Boil your noodle and Serve Immediately with the rice.
Feel free to make your own suggestions and ask your questions.
Send us a picture via Facebook or tag us on twitter after trying this.